Monday, March 3, 2014

Inspiration Monday

It's Inspiration Monday again. For our inspiration from Two Birds we are having Kate Bosworth, who wore simple skinny jeans with white, pointy-toe heels and a peachy fur-block coat. This coat design reminded me of some funky and quirky Marni coats. Italian designer Consuelo Castiglioni, a big name in the area of juxtapositions of texture and colorblocking coats.

So I checked out this Kate Bosworth coat; it wasn't Marni. This is a collarless wool flannel coat from Katie Ermilio; it has tonal rabbit fur at the front and a solid back panel.

In my outfit, I kind of mixed two ideas: one of them - skinny jeans with white, pointy-toe heels from Kate Bosworth, and the other - a colorblocking Marni coat - they often trimmed the bottom with fur. 

My fur vest is long and black, and my jacket is short and dark, so it was much easier for me to make an illusion of a "Marni coat", instead of the "Kate Bosworth".

    











t-shirt - Gap
jacket - individually tailored
jeans - American Eagle
shoes - unknown
bag - Coach
glasses - Walmart optical


pleated poppy

3 comments:

two birds said...

sorry about the link up issue...i've got you added now! i love this outfit on you, those shoes are great!

Renae of Simple Sequins said...

Wonderful ensemble and like Megan, I love the heels, too.

silvergirl said...

this was a hard one
i like the look of the fur longer than the coat
great job
Brett