Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Casual Wear: Striped Dress

Mostly I love to wear striped dresses with sneakers (especially this time of year). Since I purchased a new gray-blue, striped, side-zip tee dress and gave away my old black-white I have been in a totally different mood. I thought 'how come I never even tried this sailor inspired dress with boat shoes? Don't they seem made for each other?' So here I went with these two nautical pieces.










What I'm wearing:
striped side-zip tee dress - J Crew // here
boat shoes - Sperry Top-Sider // here
messenger bag - Fossil // similar
glasses- Walmart optical // similar
wide bracelet - Express // similar
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
Random WednesdayWhat I WoreI Feel PrettyStyle me WednesdaySarahTuckerUpFall Style SwapFashion a La ModeWhatcha Wearing WednesdayCappuccino&Fashion, WIWW, Trendy WednesdayWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday PantsWhat I Wore to WorkSpotlighting of the WeekLook what I got, Treat Yo' Self Thursday, #WIWT Link UpTrow Back ThursdayThursday FavoritesA Labor Fashion, Thoughts for ThursdaysBrilliant Blog PostsThursday Fashion Files Link-Up, Fridays Fab FavoritesPassion for FashionFavorite Fashion FridayCasual Friday Linkup, Blog hopLittle FridayFashion FridayMummysGotstyle, Fun Fashion FridayCasual Friday Link upStylish Saturday Watch What I'm WearingSunday FUNdayLink up by Lisa

18 comments:

dimple khadi said...

Nice dress!
http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/05/rocking-slit-skirt.html

Anonymous said...

You look ready for a cruise - a lovely nautical dress!

♥ carmen

https://fashionableover50.wordpress.com/

Stacy said...

Cute casual look!

murphyfamilymadness.blogspot.com

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

That dress is perfection especially with the boat shoes and that ever-versatile cognac cross-body. I was wearing a similar mini sytriped dress yesterday, styled very similarly, also. =)

Come join my link-up later today if you like, Alena. Thanks.

Hi Tea Style said...

Cute look! Love your dress! Have a wonderful weekend!

http://www.hiteastyle.com

Lena B, Actually said...

Love this look! The zipper deal really spices it up! Thanks for linking up with us for Passion4Fashion!

Luisa Jeory said...

You cannot beat stripes - so effortlessly stylish!!

Luisa
www.astylishsomething.com

Clairejustine oxox said...

Lovely dress, love strips :)

Thanks for linking up to the weekend blog hop, have a lovely weekend :)

Life's a shoe said...

LOVE your dress! I'm so obsessed with stripes!

lifeisashoe

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

I absolutely adore this dress! I'm a sucker for anything striped.

countrygirlcityfashion said...

This is such a comfy casual look! I love the stripes with the boat shoes.

Dawn Lucy said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Lisa Maynard said...

Love this outfit with boat shoes!! Gorgeous XO!! Thank you for sharing with #linkupwithlisa @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/05/linkupwithlisa-18-yellow-blazer.html

Happiness at Mid Life said...

This dress is made to wear with those cute boat shoes!!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

Tameka Brown said...

I love the side zippers. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!

A Labour of Life said...

loving the stripes and casual vibe. Please Come link up with a Labour of Fashion, I would love to have you link up

Monika Jones said...

I love stripes! That dress looks great on you!
xoxo
Monika | End of tenancy cleaning Chiswick

Daily Sports USA said...

Great casual and comfy look, I really love to wear dresses with sneakers and this striped one is perfect.