Tuesday, May 26, 2015

LBD

I hope it's not too 'over the top' for a mourning outfit - the little black dress with a flower twist on it.










Well...perhaps it is too arrogant to compare myself to the great Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana, but when I view this photo it remands me of the extravagance of couture-with the simplicity of southern Italian culture that designers displayed in their family campaign 'Viva la Mama', when celebrated Sicilian grandmothers.

 

What I'm wearing:
dress - Self Made
cardigan - TJ Maxx
sandals - Kalso Earth Shoe 
bag - Brahmin
glasses - Walmart Optical
Shop similar style:
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
  Style BloomRandom WednesdayWhat I WoreI Feel PrettyMid Week MuseSarahTuckerUpFall Style SwapFashion a La ModeVintage GwenWhatcha Wearing WednesdayWIWWYour Whims Wednesday PartyTrendy WednesdayStyle Me WeeklyWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday PantsWhat I Wore to WorkSpotlighting of the WeekLook what I got, #WIWT Link UpTrow Back ThursdayThursday FavoritesA Labor Fashion, Thoughts for Thursdays, Brilliant Blog PostsThursday Fashion Files Link-UpFridays Fab FavoritesPassion for FashionFavorite Fashion FridayCasual Friday LinkupBlog hopFashion Friday, Fun Fashion FridayStylish Saturday,

15 comments:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Love that watercolor floral gray dress. Elegant and understated and once again another great purse. =)

J. Elle said...

Gorgeous LBD! I am in love with the beautiful flowers! Also, I just Love this D&G campaign - beautiful.

Aleczandra Sallows said...

What a great dress! I love the simple shape and subtle floral details.

https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

Clare said...

You made that dress yourself?! Wow! Amazing. I am in love with the floral detailing - so delicate. Can be dressed up or down!

Clare | Understated Classics

Beata B said...

Beautiful LBD ! You look gorgeous in that floral grey dress :) x

Straight A Style said...

Dresses are my favorite. I love how you styled it with those sandals.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Shannon Jenkins said...

So cute! Loving that dress! The print is so pretty!

<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles

Grace Liang said...

I love the 'Viva la Mama' from D&G too! I can't believe that you made your own dress! Very cool! The dress is so pretty!

Grace
http://colorandgrace.com/

Mica T said...

That is a lovely black dress, and I see the similarity with the Dolce and Gabbana ad! :)

Away From The Blue

Hi Tea Style said...

Lovely dress! Great look! Have a wonderful weekend!
http://www.hiteastyle.com

Fola Lewis said...

Love the dress, used to be my style pre-baby but im stuck in a funk as my belly wont go down :(

Nicole Mölders said...

The dress is lovely. I found your blog thru the linkup

Dawn Lucy said...

Very pretty. Thanks so much for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy

http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Happiness at Mid Life said...

Such a pretty dress and loving the longer layer.

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

Tameka Brown said...

Very nice dress. Thanks for linking up at Who's Wearing What Wednesdays at Pastries, Pumps and Pi!