Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Casual wear: Military Green

My look for today was inspired by one of the biggest spring/summer 2015 trends - Military Green.
As usual, I got most of my influence from Ralph Lauren's 'Military Girls'. His collection presented some uber-killer military and safari vibes through the use of khaki shades and combined them with bright yellow, blue and fuchsia colors. Also, I love how he softened this edgy trend with feminine skirts and loose-fitting pants.
















If the weather was as cold as the last two days I would definitely have put on a vest and have completely copied this Polo Ralph Lauren look. Since we are back to summer heat my outfit came out a little truncated.



What I'm wearing:
men's camo t-shirt - Walmart // similar
plaid shirt - Jones New York // similar
skirt - Express // similar
vest - JCPenney // similar
sandals - Tommy Hilfiger // here
bag - Lucky Brand // here
belt - thrifted // similar
necklace - no name (old) // similar
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,
Linking up to: 

14 comments:

Falasha C said...

well executed inspiration, love the boho vibe.

xx Falasha
Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

Bogi RedReticule said...

That statement necklace is one of a kind. I love the addition of some bright colors with your shirt.
Red Reticule | Red Reticule Collection

Shauna C said...

I love military green so much. Love how you styled it with the grey skirt. Perfect look!

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Coco said...

Cute looks! I love this colour!!
Baci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

Brooke A said...

You are rocking that camo girl!

Brooke
pumps and push-ups

Megan Crean said...

I love the military trend! That skirt is styled so perfectly!
~~Megan~
http://www.poshprime.com

Aleczandra Sallows said...

Great boho vibe going on in this outfit! And that necklace is amazing.

https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

Doused In Pink said...

I love this military inspired outfit! Your necklace is fabulous!

Jill
Doused In Pink

Clairejustine oxox said...

Great look! Love your skirt :)

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

Dawn Lucy said...

Fun funky look! I want that bag! :D Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday & I hope you're having a fab weekend!
OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Just had to pin your necklace to one of my boards...it is really cool!

mummy's got style said...

Lovely look, fab skirt. Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday

Happiness at Mid Life said...

What a fun combo of plaid & camo and great layering too.

Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Megan Crean said...

I love your look better than the runway way! The way you styled it is so amazing! I love the tee and skirt and all of the layers!
~~Megan~~
http://www.poshprime.com