Sunday, July 19, 2015

Asymmetric Hem Dress

 Because of the silver embroidery detail on the hem this dress is kind of hard to wear in the daytime. Even with simple heels and wedges this dress looks too dressy. So during the day I try to pick shoes that are as different as possible from my formal footwear.










What I'm wearing: 
sandals - Birki's by Birkenstock // similar
glasses - JLo //  similar
bag - DSW // love this one
necklace - Forever 21 // exact 
dress - Uniqlo // love this one

I bought this asymmetric hem dress about seven years ago in Japan. 
You know Japanese style- it's kind of unique. So if one day I ever need to replace this dress, I will check out some of these options.
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
Mix it MondayFunday Monday, Manic MondayHowISummerCreative MondaysFashionable Employed,  Mingle Monday, Shoe and Tell fashion link upPersonal Style Monday
Start the Week Stylish28 Lovely Summer LooksTrend Spin TuesdayStyle SWAPStyle SessionsConfident Twosday, Celebrate SouthernBloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Turning Heads Tuesday, Style BloomColor BrigadeWhat I WoreMid Week MuseSarahTuckerUpFall Style Swap, Vintage GwenWhatcha Wearing WednesdayCappuccino&Fashion, WIWW, Trendy WednesdayStyle Me WeeklyWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday Pants Style me WednesdayFall Style Swap, Summer Style Linkup. Spotlighting of the WeekLook what I got#WIWT Link UpTrow Back ThursdayA Labor Fashion, Thoughts for ThursdaysBrilliant Blog PostsThursday Fashion Files Link-UpFridays Fab FavoritesPassion for FashionFavorite Fashion FridayCasual Friday LinkupBlog hopMummysGotstyleFun Fashion FridayCasual Friday Link upLizzie in laceFlashback Fashion FridaysStylish Saturday

24 comments:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Love how airy, flowy and light this cream dress is. It is perfect for Summer. Also, did you ever receive my E-Mail from a few days ago? I never heard back from you. Let me know, thanks.

Darcy said...

Cute dress! love the bag!
www.amemoryofus.com

Daily Sports USA said...

Love this dress seems so light and breathable, perfect for the summer, I really like how you styled it for the daytime.

Kathrine Eldridge said...

I just love the asymmetrical hem on this dress! I think it's great that you've had this dress for so long and it still looks great. :)

http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Amy Johnson said...

Gorgeous dress! I love asymmetrical hems.

lornamai said...

Such a different type of dress. Love the natural colour and the unusual hemline and puffed sleeves. You look great.

Carrie ALovelyLittleWardrobe said...

I like the pattern that you added by your tote choice. Looks really good!

Shauna C said...

What a great find! And the other options are almost identical :) Love it!

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Kelsey Bang said...

what a fun dress! love how you styled it with the sandals!
kelseybang.com

Whitney @ Whitney à la mode said...

I think that one of the most fun parts of getting dressed is challenging yourself to wear one of your pieces in a totally different way. I love how you took this dress to a casual place with the simple black sandals. Thanks for linking up for Create28!

Carly said...

That dress is so fun and playful with the hemline! Great outfit
Dresses & Denim

Johanna said...

I love stocking up on neutral dresses. So cute!

Cvetina Cekova said...

That dress is pretty amazing! I love how you styled it - with that striped bag. Perfect idea! you look fab!
xx
cvetybaby.com

Straight A Style said...

I love how you paired the dress with sandals. I do think it takes the dressy factor down and makes it more versatile.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Rachel said...

Lovely dress. I think this would be fun to style for a date night as well. Thanks for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" today.
Rachel xo

Garay Treasures

Sarah said...

You look so classy and elegant!

http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/2015/07/sunday-best_21.html

Jessica Jannenga said...

Pretty dress, love the style. I am all for light feminine dresses in the summertime.

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Olga Rani said...

I have a dress with sequins embroidered detail in the waste area. So I too try to wear it with some flats or chunky rough shoes during daytime. Your dress is lovely, looks so delicate and light!

Carrie said...

I really love the shiny band on the bottom of this dress, such a nice little detail! You styled it great!

Carrie
curlycraftymom.com

Ana Luiza said...

Looks like the perfect dress for a casual hot summer day! Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
xo - Ana Luiza
The Northwest Blonde

Michelle Orsi said...

This dress is absolutely stunning! I love how you made it work for a casual day with flat sandals & a tote!

michellespaige.com

Fashionista Momma said...

This dress looks so comfortable and stylish. I love it. Thank you for linking up for Style Saturday Alena. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

Happiness at Mid Life said...

What a beautiful dress on you!

Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Dawn Lucy said...

Nothing like a soft flowy sundress on a hot summer day! Thanks for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com