Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Mixing Blue Prints

I don't know, something touched my heart when I saw this Dolce&Gabbana Pre-Fall 2015-16 in blue and white Mediterranean majolica ceramics print. Isn't it reminiscent of the summer sky and the crystalline waters?


Of course I wanted to get something like this, but their dresses are way above my budget- so I'll just say, "necessity is the mother of invention"? I decided to mix my 'MILLY for Target' top and this summer's forgotten skirt.
What do you think, does this combo work?













What I'm wearing:
top - MILLY for Kohl's // exact
skirt - Self made // similar
sandals - Tommy Hilfiger // similar
bag - similar
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
What I WoreMid Week MuseSarahTuckerUpFall Style Swap, Vintage GwenWhatcha Wearing WednesdayCappuccino&Fashion, WIWW, Trendy WednesdayStyle Me WeeklyWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday PantsSummer Style Linkup. Spotlighting of the Week #WIWT Link UpTrow Back ThursdayA Labor Fashion, Thoughts for ThursdaysBrilliant Blog PostsThursday Fashion Files Link-Up, Color & Grace Fashion Link UpFridays Fab FavoritesPassion for FashionFavorite Fashion FridayCasual Friday LinkupBlog hopMummysGotstyleFun Fashion FridayLizzie in laceFlashback Fashion FridaysStylish SaturdayMix it MondayFundayMondayManicMondayHowISummerCreative MondaysFashionable Employed,  Mingle Monday, Shoe and Tell fashion link upPersonal Style MondayStart the Week StylishMahogany Closet Mondays Fashion Link-UpTrend Spin TuesdayStyle SWAPStyle SessionsConfident Twosday, All About You,  Celebrate SouthernBloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Turning Heads TuesdayChic Style Link up Style BloomColor Brigade

21 comments:

Carly said...

I love a blue print combo! Great outfit
Dresses & Denim

Mira Tolvanen said...

Cool!

www.hotdecades.com

Straight A Style said...

What a lovely pattern! I love blue and white together and this dress is so pretty.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

I love that this looks both like a dress and like a top+skirt. What gorgeous patterns in blue and white.

Shauna C said...

Wow, love these patterns together! I can't believe you made the skirt! Love this whole look :)

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Shauna C said...

Wow, love these patterns together! I can't believe you made the skirt! Love this whole look :)

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Nora Minassian said...

Wow I can't believe they are two pieces, it looks like a dress! Such a cute look, love it!
Nora
www.jacketsociety.com

My Rose Colored Shades said...

Blue is my favorite color and these blue prints are a feast for the eyes. The Milly for Target top is a gem of a find and I seriously can't believe these are two separate pieces. Great combo!

Dawn Lucy said...

Wow, crazy in love with this look! Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy

http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Jeans and a Teacup said...

Love the pattern mixing! You totally got the look down! Thanks for linking up!
~Jessica
Jeans and a Teacup

Bogi RedReticule said...

Those prints are beautiful! I adore the detail work!
Red Reticule

awhite said...

Love this! The blue prints are so bold + fun!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Shian K said...

Surprisingly, with the clashing patterns/similar colors I think you actually did a nice job of pairing to create a more affordable version of the D&G. Nice job!

Xoxo,
Shian | The Fashion Investigator

We Shop in Heels said...

Blue is such a great print on you. Love the dress and the ones you listed!
-Tatiana
http://www.weshopinheels.com

Karen Strand said...

I can't get over how nice your blouse looks with the skirt you made! Also, those wedges are adorable! Great look all the way around! PS. My comment blog disappeared one day too. Then, magically it appeared again a couple of days later. I'm so utterly confused by technology! Good luck with your button. :)

Grace Liang said...

Mixing blue prints are so chic! You pulled if off very well! Love your bag by the way. ;)
Take care and keep in touch!
Please stop by every Wednesday for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)

Grace
http://colorandgrace.com 

Darcy said...

This is so beautiful! Loving the colors here!
www.amemoryofus.com

Alexandra B. said...

It's awesome. Love both the pattern of the skirt and the top.

Alex - Funky Jungle

lornamai said...

This looks like a dress even though the patterns are different. You've done such a good job. Love the blue and white together. You look great.

Michelle Orsi said...

At first glance I thought this was a dress! But it's a top and skirt! Awesome pattern mixing!

michellespaige.com

Jaymie Ashcraft said...

I love the patterns together. I'd love for you to join my very first fashion link up today. :)

Jaymie

www.jaymieashcraft.com