Sunday, November 15, 2015

Contradiction of Styles

This time I tried to mix clothing that came from different worlds. 
The classic blue-striped cotton button down dress shirt was borrowed from the sleek and clean look of an up scale male. Now as fashionistas for destroyed and ripped jeans we can pay big money, but the jeans still arrive as though they experienced all nine of Dante's circles of hell.










What I'm wearing:
oxford shirt - J Crew // similar
destroyed jeans - American Eagle // similar
boat shoes - Sperry // exact
messege bag - Fossil // similar
glasses - Furla // similar
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,
Linking up to:




11 comments:

Patti said...

Lovely and relaxed look! And such a pretty setting too. Thanks for linking up, xo

Patti
http://notdeadyetstyle.com

Darcy said...

Love the top! Pretty place for your pictures.
www.amemoryofus.com

Michelle Orsi said...

I love mixing styles. It always creates the most interesting outfits. I like the casual jeans and dressed up top!

michellespaige.com

lornamai said...

Distressed jeans are my favourite things to wear, I never thought of combining with a smart shirt. You look great.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a classic, yet fun outfit!

Shauna C said...

Love the photos! Great relaxed look ,too :)

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Ana Luiza said...

Perfect resort casual look! I' all about the relaxed denim for relaxed days
Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
- Ana Luiza
The Northwest Blonde

Adriele said...

This is such a fantastic look! It works perfectly with your surroundings and I am ALL ABOUT casual denim for relaxed days!

Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy link-up!

-Adriele
http://www.StyleAssisted.com

Rachel said...

Lovely preppy casual look Alena!
Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
Rachel xo
Garay Treasures

Penniless Socialite said...

Love how you put together these 2 styles!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Happiness at Mid Life said...

I always love the look of distressed denim, it just oozes a cool factor.

Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com