Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Two ways of layering a shirt dress

You probably would agreed that a shirt dress can be the most comfy dress in any wardrobe. Besides the comfort, a shirt dress can be a very versatile item. You can always cinch your waist with a different type of belt or even a fabric tie...or update a basic shirt dress with on-trend accessories and it will look different.
Personally, I prefer a loose fit, so when I get tired of the simplicity of the dress I can get creative with layering.
These are just a couple of ideas to help you get a bit more wear out of your shirt dress. This time I layered my shirt dress with a plaid button down shirt (I borrowed this idea from Alice of "Happiness at Mid Life").












Last year I layered this shirt dress with a striped top








What I'm wearing:
shirt dress - Uniqlo // similar
button down shirt - Jones New York // similar 
striped top - Old Navy // similar
boots - Audrey Brooke // similar
sandals - Tommy Hilfiger // similar
bag #1 - Brahmin // similar
bag # 2 - Nine West // similar
glasses - Walmart optical // similar
bracelets - Pandora  // similar
Shop similar style:
I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
 Trend Spin TuesdayStyle SWAPStyle SessionsConfident TwosdayInDuffinitely MeReason to Dress, Celebrate Southern, Turning Heads TuesdayRandom WednesdayWhat I WoreI Feel PrettyMid Week MuseStyle me WednesdaySarahTuckerUpFall Style Swap, Vintage GwenWhatcha Wearing WednesdayCappuccino&Fashion, Life & StyleWIWWTrendy WednesdayStyle Me WeeklyWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday PantsTrow Back ThursdayWhat I Wore to Work, Spotlighting of the Week,

11 comments:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Love that shirt-dress and those boots are so cool, also. Love that you layered another collared shirt under the shirt-dress. I have done that before, also. =)

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Alena!
Thanks for being here. Love those grey boots and the blue shirt dress looks great styled for both seasons!

Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Shauna said...

Those boots are so cute! Love how you styled this look -xx

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Colour Queen said...

The shirt dress and the grey boots are a stunning colour combination.Love the shirt dress layered in this way. You look great.

Unknown said...

this shirt dress is so summer perfect! love it both ways!

Irene
www.thedailylace.com

Jill James said...

Your blue shirt dress is both stylish and comfy, paired with those stunning boots a winning combination.

Olga Rani said...

Nice way to style a shirt dress, different tops and different shoes and we get the shirt dress looking fresh and interesting. Cool boots!

DIMPLEKHADI said...

Nice styling !!
http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-hat.html

Johanna said...

I never thought to layer a shirt dress. Duh!

Alexandra said...

That's a beautiful shirt dress. They are among my favorite kind of dresses as well, and like you I generally prefer them loose. Both versions here are great, but I slightly prefer the first look with the high boots. Maybe because we are just coming out of winter ;-)

Alex - Funky Jungle

Sabina@OceanblueStyle said...

Oh I love that blue shirtdress on you Alena! Love the boots as much as the slip ons. xo Sabina | Oceanblue Style