Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fresh Start

Happy New Year to all of my readers!

What is one thing we all do to start the new year? Make resolutions! We all look at a new year as a new start. We all say things like “this year I am going to….”
About two years ago I saw a wardrobe challenge somewhere called something like 'Take One, Pass it On'. It had rules such as 'wear an outfit one day, and the next day take one piece from it (jewelry and shoes included) and wear it again'. It gave more flexibility and options than the very popular '30x30 remix & restyle challenge', where you are strictly limited to only 30 items. By the way, it's not too easy to pick the 30 items.
'Take One, Pass it On' involves less planning, which is always a plus in my case, because in my mind I have so many clothes mixing ideas that I never know which one to use next...(Oops! Maybe I picked the wrong challenge for boring winter time - maybe the limit number of ideas would bring me more benefits...I'll see next time what kind of challenge would work better for me).
Anyway, this time I'm taking the easy way and starting the year 2015 with a fun wardrobe game.
I don't know about other people, but Russians believe that you will spend the rest of your year the way you started it! So I believe the new year will be fun!

Here's my New Year's Eve outfit






What I'm wearing: 
skirt - Self made, sweater - Banana Republic, shoes - Nine West, necklace - Made by my mom



and New Year's brunch outfit








What I'm wearing: 
sweater - Banana Republic, hoody - Old Navy, vest - thrifted, cords- 1st Kiss, boots - UGG, sunglasses - Target

I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough, 

Linking up to: 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I have never heard of the Take One Pass It On challenge, sounds interesting tho! I have done SEVERAL 30x30 challenges and I think I am totally burned out on them for now!