Sunday, June 14, 2015

Inspiration Monday: Vest + Tank Top

This time for Inspiration Monday I'm going with Kate Hudson in a red vest paired with distressed jeans. This outfit caused a lot of negative comments because her saggy-ass jeans were paired with hot Christian Louboutin ‘Air Chance’ slingback pumps and a sophisticated vest. Most people don't like a mix of luxury polished and trashy items. I don't know what to say; I kind of like the combo of the opposing styles.
Anyway, I was more impressed with the vest and tank top combination.
Since I don't have any bright vests I decided to swap the colors and put on a tweed vest with neon-orange jeans. Next time (because I love the feeling that the vest covering the tank-top gave me...I didn't have to think about the bra straps crawling out of the tee!)
I would like to try a vest + tank top outfit with distressed jeans...and then I will be more confident if a classy vest can go with distressed jeans.









What I'm wearing:
vest - thrifted // similar
jeans - Express // similar
boy's tank top - Aerie // similar
pumps - Calvin Klein // similar
tote - DSW // similar
sunglasses - Target // similar
metallic tattoos - Walmart // similar  

I found that for some reason I couldn't reply to a comment on my own blog. My reply button just disappeared. I want to let you know that I always appreciate the time out of your day for visiting my blog and every comment that you leave here. I can't thank you enough,

Linking up to:
Mix it MondayFunday Monday, Personal Style MondayManic MondayHowISpringCreative MondaysFashionable Employed, Mingle Monday, Mahogany Closet Mondays Fashion Link UpShoe and Tell fashion link upWeekly Fashion Linkup, Trend Spin TuesdayStyle SWAPConfident TwosdayReason to Dress, Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me, Turning Heads TuesdayRandom WednesdayWhat I WoreI Feel PrettyMid Week MuseStyle me WednesdaySarahTuckerUpFall Style Swap, Vintage GwenWhatcha Wearing WednesdayCappuccino&Fashion, WIWW, Trendy WednesdayStyle Me WeeklyWho's wearing WhatThe Wednesday Pants

9 comments:

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Oh Alena, I love this. Way better than the inspiration. The soft coral looks great with the olive. I am also mixing+matching some green with coral today, with my accessories. Happy Monday!

Mrs C said...

Agree with Ada above. You did so well! Love your pairing

Leelo said...

Great outfit! I'm absolutely loving your vest+ tank top outfit!

Thanks for linking up at Beauty by Miss L Weekly Fashion Link Up! 

Lauren {By Lauren M} said...

I love the color of your jeans! SO CUTE!!

Fizz and Frosting

Sierra said...

Great take on that look! Love the color of your jeans!

Sierra
Sierra Elizabeth

Marie said...

those jeans fit you perfectly, well done on the look!

Marie @ In Our Happy Place

Garaytreasures said...

Looking lovely! I need to try this with a vest myself, thanks for the idea and inspiration Alena and thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired me"
Rachel xo

Garay Treasures

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Alena
I love this look. I like how you take inspiration. The peach jeans with the vest looks like an amazing sillouette on you!

Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Sierra Beard said...

This is a greeat post thanks