Monday, April 7, 2014

Inspiration Monday

This time for Inspiration Monday Two Birds gave us January Jones, who is seen dressed for a event in Hollywood. Since I'm in between Hollywood events:), I dressed up more nautically casual.

 







Short history excursion: Until now I was never interested in where striped tops came from. 

Of course I know about Coco Chanel and her inspired by sailors nautical collection in 1917. But what was before it I never knew. Now I found out the interesting fact that the striped breton shirt as we know it today came into being shortly following the March 27, 1858 Act of France, which introduced the navy and white striped knitted shirt as the uniform for all French navy seaman in Brittany. So kind of missed the big anniversary last week - 156 years! The original design featured 21 stripes, one for each of Napoleon's victories.










dress - Old Navy
sweater - Forever 21
sneakers - Ralph Lauren Polo
sunglasses - Peter Pilotto for Target
backpack - Hawaiian 

I want to finish this post with a song by an amazing French singer, Patricia Kaas. Here she is in a striped top.



Linking up to: Monday Mingle, Funday Monday, Mix it Monday, What I wore

6 comments:

Rachel The Hat said...

stripes can do no wrong in my eyes.. i just love them haha! you look so chic in this dress and sweater combo! xx

two birds said...

You are both fashionable and informative! I love these facts, and your amazingly cute dress.

Shea Lennon said...

I love your take on this look with the cute sneakers! (Practical too--I happen to also be between Hollywood events too, hehe.) And not only that, I learned something from this post. :)

Kezzie said...

I am visiting from the Twobirds- love your take on this- great way of wearing the stripes- what a lovely dress and great with the sweater!X great to meet you!x

Nicole Feliciano said...

You look great! Love those sunnies.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the mixed prints! So fun!