Saturday, April 5, 2014

The #1 Rule Is There Are No Rules

The 'Who what wear' blog gave the link of 12 style rules to break this season and set your own fashion guidelines this spring!

This is the list of rules to break:

1. The Rule: Avoid Mixing Animal Prints. We double dare you to double up on your favorite animal prints this weekend. I'm done!














 2. The Rule: Metallic Items Can Only Be Worn At Night. To subtly shine during the day, pick a neutral and light-toned metallic, like rose gold, and keep the rest of your look extremely low-key and simple. I don't have any metallic clothing, but a month ago I had a strong desire to buy some metallic sprays and  use it on an old t-shirt.

 3.The Rule: Pearls Are Always Preppy. Skip the standard strand and experiment with pearl-embellished shoes or accessories! Oops! I'm so far ahead of this, I broke this rule many, many years ago when I wore pearls as a belt.

 4. The Rule: Turtlenecks Are Only For Winter. We suggest investing in a short-sleeve or sleeveless turtleneck top this spring. Conservative and sexy, right? Maybe, but I won't buy one more top just to play this game.

 5. The Rule: You Can Only Wear One Pattern At A Time. The secret to setting this rule straight? Wear two patterns that have the similar shades and detailing. Done.

 6. The Rule: Overalls Are For Tomboys Or Little Kids. Not when you style them with your flirtiest pair of shoes and chicest sunglasses. Go ahead and prove this tomboy tall tale wrong! It's in  my past, so right now I have no overalls and have no desire to buy it, but love to see how other people style it.

 7. The Rule: Sweatshirts Are Only For Lazy Days On The Couch. Get some extra use out of your sweatshirt this season by styling it with a lightweight overcoat and crisp white jeans. The problem is I don't have any sweatshirts, even for the couch, the cardigans are more comfortable for me. Also, I still cannot find a right and good fitting pair of white jeans, so I"m skipping this rule break.

 8. The Rule: Outerwear Is Strictly For Layering. Let your coat be the focus of our next outfit by keeping your accessories to a minimum. I easy can do it.

 9. The Rule: Shorter Girls Should Avoid Jumpsuits. Go for a fitted jumpsuit in a solid color to flatter your figure. It's also not new breaking rule for me. I'm short and chubby. In old days I wore a solid color jumpsuits enough, I'm satiated with them, so no jumpsuit coming years.

 10. The Rule: Mini Dresses Should Not Be Worn During The Day. Make your mini dress appropriate for day by pairing it with polished outerwear, like an oversized blazer or a simple coat. I  can do it easily, too.

 11. The Rule: Ruffled Socks Are Only For Toddler Beauty Pageants. So not true! If you're feeling super girly, test out a pair of ruffled socks with heels this weekend. So that picture that I showed the other day with Birkenstocks sandals, cut off shorts, and ruffled socks could be working too.

 12. The Rule: Wearing Head-To-Toe Black Is Boring. Keep an all-black outfit interesting by including different textures and bold accessories. For this rule break I can count my gorilla hoodie + skirt + sneakers outfit.

So go ahead and repeat after Jase from 'Duck Dynasty' (the only reality show that I watch on TV) 'The #1 Rule Is There Are No Rules'.



No comments: